A lesson learned from Stealing

A lesson learned from Stealing

"I'll simply take this candy bar, it's non a big deal."

How many of us can confess to doing this?

Most people can say they accept experienced this at least one fourth dimension in their life. Whether information technology was from a candy bar to a water canteen, we've done information technology. Although, we know information technology'southward incorrect, we think it's something small so we won't get defenseless.

However, it ever tends to be the moment you least wait, to go defenseless.

And for my cousin, this was exactly was she was thinking.

This past Tuesday we decided to become to CVS around her house to buy makeup. As nosotros were searching for what to buy, she noticed this centre shadow she wanted.

"I'm just going to have this," she said.

With no existent reason as to why she decided to practise so, she hid it in the sleeve of her jacket. We continued shopping and even paid for all the stuff we bought. As we approached the exit, a human stopped right in front of u.s..

"I'm going to need yous guys to come up to the back with me and have that out of your sleeve."

At that moment, I was across scared and wanted to run out of the shop. I had never been in a situation similar this and wasn't certain what was going to happen to my cousin. When we got to the dorsum, he made usa take off our jackets to see if anything else was stolen.

He then went through her handbag and as he was searching he constitute something interesting. He pulled out a "Detective Daughter's" badge.

"Wow, your dad is a detective? He must be proud, he raised you right."

"C'mon, is that necessary," she responded.

Furious that my cousin talked back, he stormed out the room. Although, my cousin said it in the most peaceful tone, the man was just mad that she responded to his comment. He so came back and made usa sit down equally he filled out some paperwork.

When he finished, he told us that we had to look for the manager because he wanted to have a word with us. At that moment, I was relieved because I figured nosotros would be out in no fourth dimension.

Oh, how I was wrong.

Soon after, 2 cops appeared in the room. They came in and asked anybody else to go out. They told her that they were angry they got called for something so pocket-sized.

"If it was up to me, I'd permit you go. Seriously, its 5 dollars," they said.

Withal, the guy was persistent on pressing charges. Which made sense, as nosotros pieced together why he stormed out the room after my cousin responded.

"Her dad is a retired detective, I want to teach him a lesson," yelled the man.

Therefore, the cops had to do their job and arrest my cousin. They took her to the precinct correct next to her house and put her in a jail cell for hours while they filled out all the paperwork. She got fingerprinted and was given a court date.

All for 5 dollars.

There are approximately 27 one thousand thousand shoplifters (or i in 11 people) in our nation today. More than ten million people accept been defenseless shoplifting in the last v years, according to the National Learning and Resources Center.

I'grand pretty certain thousands of those people have stolen something that wasn't even valuable.

Not simply did my cousin go arrested, but she also has to appear in court and now has something on her record. Hopefully, the charges get dropped or she tin can observe a way around information technology.

Was the eye shadow worth it?

Admittedly not!

Therefore, the next time you think about taking something, recollect over again. Don't ever remember getting caught will never happen to you.

Remember, nada cloth is worth getting arrested.